This publication is the veterinary reference for maintaining personal biosecurity in the workplace.
It includes the flow chart (shown here) to help vets assess how to act given the risks of:
- people contracting disease, or
- disease spreading during a property visit.
The Guidelines include information on:
- Post mortem investigations and diagnostic specimen handling
- Recommended PPE and decontamination procedures for different situations
- Biosecurity sequence of events for property visits at high risk
- How to set up a suitable entry/exit decontamination site
- Zoonoses in Australia
- Activity range and advantages of the various disinfectants.
They complement more detailed information written for specific situations (such as Biosecurity Queensland’s Guidelines for veterinarians handling potential Hendra virus infection in horses).