Jab sticks can be used to sedate or medicate:
- Yarded animals that won’t, can’t or shouldn’t go up a race
- Livestock on hobby farms with inadequate facilities
- Stock truck rollovers
- Bulls when they are difficult to put in a head bale
- Animals in trailers prior to euthanasia and entering the post mortem room.
Jab sticks are push-operated pole syringe that enable animals to be injected from a safe distance, outside of kicking range.
Some advantages of jab sticks over other remote injection systems, such as the Westergun, are that:
- They use readily available disposable syringes
- There are multiple options for length and type of pole handle
- They are competitively priced.
Suppliers can be readily located on the internet.